The topic: TOP TEN BOOKS ON MY SUMMER TBR LIST
Or Top Ten YA Books, I should say. I read a ton for school, and lately I'm on an adult contemporary romance kick, plus I'm in the middle of researching the American frontier (specifically mail order brides, at the moment), so there will be way more books than those listed, but these are the YAs I'm most looking forward to in the coming months.
Here's my list of ten YA books I'm going to read this summer (in no particular order, because trying to rank them would take me all day!):
02. Something Like Normal by Trish Dollar - This book, about a soldier returning from Afghanistan, sounds different and interesting and I've only seen amazing reviews (example: GReads).
03. Burn for Burn by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian - My friend, Lauren (whose fantastic book, Meant To Be, comes out in September -- add it to your list!), is super awesome and sent this to me after she snagged a copy at BEA. She devoured it and says it's great. I'll know soon!
04. Fathomless by Jackson Pearce - I'm reading this RIGHT NOW. I'm a big fan of Jackson's other fairytale retellings (see my reviews of Sisters Red & Sweetly) when I'm looking to break out of my normal contemporary mold. I like how lyrical the writing is, as a nod to the fairytales, and how I'm never quite sure where the story is going, even though I constantly think I am.
05. Reunited by Hilary Weisman Graham - As mentioned recently, I'm in love with the yellow cover with the map! Road trip, BFFs... perfect!
06. Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols - I keep hearing great things about this one & Echols is always a must.
07. The Thing About the Truth by Lauren Barnholdt - As a big contemporary fan, this is another book that is an obvious must-read for me.
08. Timepiece by Myra McEntire - I really need to know where the story goes after Hourglass!
09. The Vespertine by Saundra Mitchell - Baltimore in 1889? Yes, please! I'm iffy on the paranormal, but willing to give this one a try.
10. So Shelly by Ty Roth - I avoided this book forever based on cover alone. It's not a bad cover, but it didn't say contemporary YA to me AT ALL. And then someone said "if you liked John Green, try this book" and it's been on my TBR list ever since. I snagged it from the library, so it's happening soon. Finally!
What's on your list?
Psst... take a peek into my house. I posted my living room bookcase today right here.